Relative Experience London Kinship Care Event
Tuesday 23 May 2017 10.00am to 11.30am at
The Arsenal Hub, 56 Benwell Road, London, N7 7BA.
Grandparents Plus and Family Lives are hosting an event to bring together kinship carers and staff from the six North London boroughs who work with kinship carers to get your input on the Relative Experience kinship carer support programme.
The event is open to:
- Kinship carers and special guardians living in the London boroughs of Islington, Hackney, Camden, Haringey, Enfield and Barnet.
- Local authority staff from these boroughs who work with kinship carers
For further information please contact Eleanor Nderitu on 020 8981 8001.
Register your place now
Raising Kinship Children Masterclass
Our Raising Kinship Children Masterclass is created especially for kinship carers and will be presented by our consultant trainer, Dr Karen Treisman, who is highly specialised in the areas of parenting and trauma.
Those who attend the day will leave:
- with a deeper understanding of their kinship child’s emotions and behaviours
- feeling more able to raise confident, happy and resilient kinship children
- with a range of useful tips and practical tools that can be used with their kinship children.
The day will also offer kinship carers the chance to meet others in a similar situation and to share their experiences.
Our next masterclasses will take place in:
- Liverpool, 29 June 2017
The masterclasses are part funded by the Big Lottery Fund, however in order to continue to deliver them we are asking attendees for a contribution of £20.00 per person – this includes lunch, refreshments and a training pack to take away.
If you are unable to cover the cost of the ticket but feel you would gain a lot from attending this masterclass please contact Eleanor Nderitu on 020 8981 8001.