Location: Local community
How I will be contributing?
We support kinship families who often find themselves in difficult situations, emotionally, practically and financially
Grandparents Plus run several events every year including annual celebration days which take place in multiple locations across the UK. Event support volunteers will engage with kinship carers and encourage them to take part in the activities on offer.
You will also raise awareness of kinship care and Grandparents Plus and the work we do by speaking enthusiastically about our work.to the general public. This is a varied role and each event will be different depending on the programme that it is for. Events may either be held indoors or outdoors and are mainly held during the week with occasional weekend and evening opportunities.
What will I be doing?
- Welcome visitors to the event
- Registering kinship carers as they arrive
- Helping kinship carers to complete photo and film consent forms and storing them securely
- Setting up the event by putting up banners, laying out display stands and clearing up once finished
- Talking to members of the public about our aims and the work of the charity
- Supporting the planning, preparation and delivery of activities
- Running an activity stand
- Offering appropriate Grandparents Plus publications and materials to the public.
- Working with a diverse range of people of all ages
- Answering general queries
We are looking for
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage with people of all ages.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work as part of a team and without direct supervision.
What support will I receive?
- Induction, training and ongoing support
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Development Manager
- Reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses (on production of a receipt)
- Membership to our Kinship Care network with opportunities to attend events and special kinship care events (if applicable).
I would like to help
Please, complete our volunteer registration form and send it to email@example.com