Location: Grandparents Plus office based, London SE5
Commitment: Minimum of 2 hours per week
How I will be contributing?
We support kinship families who often find themselves in difficult situations, emotionally, practically and financially
Grandparents Plus have access to a number of charitable funds that provide grants for kinship care families, depending on their financial circumstances.
As a volunteer you will help families by submitting applications for essential items for the home. You will talk to the carers and get all the information needed to submit a successful application. Volunteers have helped families by applying for materials to redecorate a teenager’s bedroom, getting funds for a new freezer, all the essential items that make a huge difference to kinship families.
What will I be doing?
- Engaging with kinship carers over the phone and discussing their circumstances and needs
- Completing online application forms.
- Calling kinship carers back to advise them of the outcome of their application
- Recording the final result of the grants on a spreadsheet (database)
- Working within the boundaries of the charity’s confidentiality and data protection policies
We are looking for
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Empathetic and friendly telephone manner
- Able to build a rapport with people and put them at ease
- Able to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
What support will I receive?
- Induction, training and ongoing support
- Regular contact with the Volunteer Development Manager
- Reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses (on production of a receipt)
- Membership to our Kinship Care network with opportunities to attend events and special kinship care events (if applicable).
I would like to help
Please complete our volunteer registration form and send it to email@example.com