Location: Grandparents Plus office, London SE5 or home based
Time Commitment: Flexible
How I will be contributing?
We support kinship families who often find themselves in difficult situations, emotionally, practically and financially
Our Advice Line service is available five days a week and provides advice and information to kinship carers across the UK. In order to ensure that we are providing the best service possible and to demonstrate our impact, we need feedback from Advice Line users. We currently send out feedback surveys to all our clients but we would like to find out the longer term impact our advice has on our Kinship Carers.
As an Impact Volunteer, you will call carers who have used the Advice Line service to find out how beneficial the service was to them and to collect any feedback they may have. You will have a questionnaire to work from. Answers will be recorded on the questionnaire and also entered into a spreadsheet (database).
This role can be based at the Grandparents Plus head office in Camberwell or it can be carried out remotely from your own home at a time that suits you. If you would like to be based remotely you will need access to a phone and the internet from your own home. Login details will be provided for all phone calls made, so there will be no cost to yourself.
What will I be doing?
- Calling Advice Service users for feedback on the advice they have received
- Entering responses and data in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Referring any requests for Advice back to the Advice Line Service
- Working within the boundaries of the charity’s confidentiality and data protection policies
We are looking for
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Empathetic and friendly telephone manner
- Able to build a rapport with people and put them at ease
- Able to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
What support will I receive?
- Induction, training and ongoing support
- Support and Supervision from the Advice Service Manager
- Reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses (on production of a receipt)
- Regular contact with the Volunteer Development Manager
- Membership to our Kinship Care network with opportunities to attend events and special kinship care events (if applicable).
I would like to help
Please complete our volunteer registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org