Location: Local community
Time Commitment: Flexible
How I will be contributing?
We support kinship families who often find themselves in difficult situations, emotionally, practically and financially
Kinship Care Champions are vital in creating community links to raise awareness within their local area and will also be a point of contact for local kinship carers, signing them up to become Grandparents Plus Network members and signposting them to our online resources and advice line. Raising awareness of kinship carers and the challenges they, and their children and young people, face locally and nationally is essential to help bring about change and we could not do this without the dedication, commitment and passion of our volunteers.
As a Kinship Care Champion you will help us promote the work we do by reaching out to your local community (Schools, nurseries, play centres etc) to promote Grandparents Plus to kinship carers who may not be aware of us or our services.
What will I be doing?
- Promoting Grandparents Plus and our services by identifying local services and organisations where you can distribute leaflets and posters
- Directing kinship carers to the Grandparents Plus advice line and online resources
- Encouraging kinship careers to become members and help us grow the network
- Working within the boundaries of the charity’s confidentiality and data protection policies
We are looking for
- Good communication skills
- Sociable and outgoing
- Ability to travel within your local area
- Confidence in speaking to individuals, groups and professionals
- Existing knowledge of, or willingness to learn about issues affecting kinship carers
What support will I receive?
- Induction, training and ongoing support
- Regular contact with the Volunteer Development Manager
- Reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses (on production of a receipt)
- Membership to our Kinship Care community with opportunities to attend events and special kinship care events (if applicable)
I would like to help
Please, complete our volunteer registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org